Recently Microsoft released the preview version of the 8.1 update of Windows 8 with lot of much awaited changes and fixes. Unfortunately the preview version is only available for the copies where the base language is “En-US” and you might see the error “The Windows 8.1 Preview isn’t available right now”
To fix this error, follow these steps :
1. Press Win +X to bring up the system menu. Select Control Panel.
2. Switch to View by “Small Icons”.
3. Select “Language” and click on “Add Language”.
4. Now choose English and then “English US”.
5. It might take a while to download, depending on your internet connection.
6. Now open the registry editor by opening “Run” (Win + R) and then typing “regedit”.
7. Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Control > NIs > Language
8. Scroll down the right pane and find a key called InstallLanguage. Right Click on it, select modify and then enter the new value 0409
9. Now close the registry editor and restart your computer.
10. You should now be able to install the Windows 8.1 preview from the Windows Store without any trouble.